Information and Research
Business location and investment decisions are serious and multifaceted, and we view our job as providers of the best possible information to support those decisions. We take pride in our ability to discuss with you the long term strategic implications of potential investments. We work closely with the UW – River Falls College of Business and Economics, other regional Wisconsin System campuses, and state Extension specialists to customize our research reports to your specific requirements. Our regional manufacturing and business service directory provides a wealth of information about our regional firms’ capabilities and local networking opportunities.
At a glance, Pierce County has:
- 576 square miles
- 40,000 residents
- 68 manufacturing companies (and growing)
- 83,000 square feet of available industrial space
- 214 acres of industrial land ready to development
- 15 branch offices of 8 financial institutions ready to discuss business financing
- Six school districts graduating 1,200 well prepared seniors each year
- The 7,200-student campus of the University of Wisconsin – River Falls
- 5,000 acres of public parkland and excellent outdoor recreation opportunities
- The Midwest’s premier concentration of trout fishing streams
Come visit! On your own or with local guides, you’ll enjoy picturesque Pierce County as a visitor or as a new resident.