Wisconsin Cheese Day Overview
Monday, June 25, 2018
- On Monday, June 25, as part of National Dairy Month activities, Gov. Walker, Lt. Gov. Kleefisch, WEDC Secretary Hogan, DATCP Secretary Harsdorf, Tourism Secretary Klett, Revenue Secretary Chandler and more than 50 other dairy industry and government leaders will tour 13 Wisconsin cheese producers in every region of the state to celebrate the second annual Wisconsin Cheese Day.
- The goals of Wisconsin Cheese Day are:
- Highlight the importance of the cheese/dairy industry to the Wisconsin economy
- Celebrate the recent success of individual companies – focusing on those that have expanded their operations, added new product lines, achieved extraordinary success in exporting or otherwise contributed to the industry.
- Highlight the role the State of Wisconsin plays in supporting and promoting the industry – particularly through programs offered by WEDC and/or DATCP.
- In addition to the stakeholders listed above, other organizations that are involved in this initiative include:
- The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
- The Dairy Business Association
- Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Extension
- University of Wisconsin System
- Center for Dairy Research at UW-Madison
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation
- Regional and county economic development organization
- Governor Walker has officially proclaimed June 25 as Wisconsin Cheese Day. In addition, each company that is part of the tour will receive a personalize “Certificate of Appreciation” from the governor.