The Pierce County Economic Development Corporation (PCEDC), Small Business Development Center and SCORE offer “Transition Planning for Agricultural Businesses”.
January 15 • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
St. Croix Valley Business Innovation Center
1091 Sutherland Ave
River Falls, WI 54022
Get Directions »
Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
The Pierce County Economic Development Corporation (PCEDC), Small Business Development Center and SCORE are offering Transition Planning for Agricultural Businesses.
“This workshop is intended to introduce farm owners, agricultural business owners, and small family business owners to building a succession plan for their business”, said Joe Folsom, Executive Director PCEDC.
Why should you attend?
- Learn steps necessary to successfully transition your life’s work
- Strengthen and secure your farm’s future
- We’ll help you reduce your risk of doing nothing (not having a plan)
- Learn about resources available to help you
What will you learn?
- The importance of valuing your business
- Planning for your farm’s future
- Essential steps for farm/business transition planning
- Protecting and planning for your future and possible retirement
- Understanding the importance of succession or transition planning
- Key elements of estate planning
Workshop participants requesting SCORE’s free mentoring services or working with an advisor/mentor will receive a free copy of the University of Wisconsin Extension Service workbook “Cultivating Your Farm’s Future” to assist them in planning the next steps.
This workshop will be held Wednesday January 15, 2020 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the St. Croix Valley Business Innovation Center at 1091 Sutherland Ave, River Falls, WI 54022. There is no charge for this workshop. For more information and registration, visit https://stpaul.score.org/content/take-workshop-65.
The workshop is sponsored by UW-River Falls SBDC, Pierce County Economic Development Corporation and SCORE.